< link rel="DCTERMS.isreplacedby" href="krusekronicle.typepad.com" > Kruse Kronicle: PCUSA Divestment Revisited

Thursday, July 07, 2005

PCUSA Divestment Revisited

Jim Berkley brought the letter below to my attention at The Berkley Blog. Many of you know that the PCUSA General Assembly voted last June to begin considering divestment in Israel because of the security wall they were building. This has led to a firestorm of protest from Jewish groups and many Presbyterians. I agree with Jim that these Presbyterians from the Presbytery of New Covenant (Houston area) have crafted a well thought out response in the form of a letter.

Click here for the letter.

3 Comments:

At July 07, 2005 3:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you happen to read the response to this letter?

http://www.palpres.org/article.php?story=20050616094035996

 
At July 07, 2005 6:44 PM, Blogger Michael Kruse said...

Thanks Will. I had not seen the response. I still stand by my appreciation for the New Covenant Letter.

 
At July 07, 2005 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed. I think they did a lot of work on this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home